Voting Delegate Information
Voting Delegate Allocation:
Each local chapter in good standing with up to 50 members shall be entitled to send two (2) voting delegates, who shall be chosen from the active members, to the State Leadership Conference. For each additional (50) members, chapters will be allocated one (1) additional voting delegate.
- 2-99 members: 2 voting delegates
- 100-149 members: 3 voting delegates
- 150-199 members: 4 voting delegates
- 200-249 members: 5 voting delegates
- 250-299 members: 6 voting delegates
Voting Delegate Responsibilities:
Voting Delegates play an important and vital role in the election of the State Executive Council. Therefore, it is crucial that all voting delegates including Alternate Voting Delegates understand and agree to fulfill the following responsibilities.
Specifically, voting delegates will…
- Read the State Officer Candidate handbook thoroughly; ask questions as necessary, and abide by all campaign/election regulations
- Attend all campaign and election sessions and encourage others to attend:
o Campaign Rally
o Business Meeting
- Vote promptly during the scheduled voting window.
- Be prepared with charged, electronic devices (cell phones, tablets, etc.) with cellular
data access for electronic voting.
Election/Voting Delegate Procedures:
Voting delegates will hear speeches on March 6th. Voting delegates must also visit the Campaign Booths to meet and talk to the candidates.
Voting delegates will then attend a meeting exclusively for voting delegates. In this meeting, votes will be cast for the State Executive Council electronically.
Voting delegates will be required to login in to the official voting portal on there own during the voting window.
2023 SLC Voting Delegates will be able to vote for the 2022-2023 State Executive Council. Chapters will be responsible for arranging their own caucusing meetings. Oklahoma BPA will not provide a virtual platform for chapter caucusing.