VIRTUAL Pre-recorded, Pre-submitted, and Pre-uploaded events. These events will NOT see a live judge and will be submitted once for all scoring – technical, specification, and presentation.
NOTE: Everything for these competitions will be prepared and uploaded at the same time – there will NOT be a “pre-submit” window to narrow down finalists this year. Please check the WSAP Guidelines for event requirements to ensure that you upload EVERYTHING that the event might require.
Example: Students competing in (410) Graphic Design Promotion will need to submit all five of their “Pre-submit” components (flyer, logo 1, logo, 2, works cited, release form) as well as a video of their presentation to the judges.
Event Upload Window: February 19 – February 26, 2021 at 11:00 PM
Prepared event presentations may be recorded any time prior to the submission due dates.
GUIDELINES FOR RECORDING YOUR PREPARED PRESENTATION
- All components must be recorded in ONE real-time presentation.
- NO editing or visual effects/transitions may be included.
- Individuals may choose to record from any device or through a virtual meeting platform.(Example platforms include: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, FlipGrid, Google Meet, GoToMeeting, etc.)
- Teams of 2 or more competitors must record their solution using a virtual meeting platform with side-by-side screens of the students. (Note: Select Gallery View, not Speaker View, to ensure that all participants always stay visible.)
- If teams of 2 or more record their video not using a virtual meeting platform and are in the same space, CDC Covid-19 safety protocols must be followed by all team members in the video.
- The student(s) must ALWAYS be visible.
- All presentations must be within the maximum allowed time limits as specified in the WSAP guidelines for that specific event.
- Student(s) must be dressed in business professional attire for the presentation.
- Only the student(s) presenting and competing may be included in the presentation.
- A student/team may elect to utilize a PowerPoint or slide deck during their presentation. To achieve this, students may elect to share their screen during their presentation
- If this recording is conducted at home, it must be done in a gathering area such as a living room, dining room, or den. If the video is recorded in a bedroom or bathroom it may be immediately disqualified without notice/notification.
- It is important to consider your background. Make sure items are neat and presentable. Consider this your office, or the location setting suited for your event.
- The use of digital backgrounds are allowed for these events.
YOUR PREPARED PRESENTATION
- NEW!!! Students will need to upload their video to either youtube.com or vimeo.com and set the settings to private/unlisted. Video links/URL from any other site will not be evaluated.
- Check with your chapter advisor for your link/URL submission deadlines
- Students will send their link/URL to the chapter advisor, who will then submit the link/URL for submission through the event submission site.
- Sample Link Upload Document: https://bpaok.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/OK-BPA-2021-Link-Upload-Form-.docx
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING
- Refer to the WSAP Guide for details of what is required for each “pre-submitted” event
- Projects should NOT include any evaluation forms or a Statement of Assurance.
- (260) Administrative Support Research Project (S)
- (520) Advanced Interview Skills (S | PS)
- (445) Broadcast News Production Team (S | PS)
- (440) Computer Animation Team (S)
- (425) Computer Modeling (S)
- (420) Digital Media Production (S | PS)
- (155) Economic Research Individual (S)
- (160) Economic Research Team (S)
- (505) Entrepreneurship (S | PS)
- (500) Global Marketing Team (S)
- (410) Graphic Design Promotion (S | PS)
- (515) Interview Skills (S | PS)
- (325) Network Design Team (S | PS)
- (450) Podcast Production Team (S | PS) – Pilot
- (430) Video Production Team (S | PS)
- (435) Website Design Team (S | PS)
- (545) Prepared Speech (S | PS) (for SLC ONLY)
- (555) Presentation Management Individual (S | PS) (for SLC ONLY)
- (560) Presentation Management Team (S | PS) (for SLC ONLY)
- (615) Health Administration Leadership / Special Topics (S | PS) – Pilot (for SLC ONLY)
- (940) Digital Game Design Team (ML)
- (945) Graphic Design Promotion (ML)
- (950) Introduction to Video Production Team (ML)
- (955) Website Design Team (ML)
- (970) Entrepreneurship Exploration (ML)
- (980) Prepared Speech (ML)
- (985) Presentation Management Team (ML)
- (990) Human Resource Exploration (ML) – Pilot
- (001) Oklahoma BPA Promotional Video (STATE EVENT ONLY)